More About our Service Portfolio
We assess each client's unique corporate position and investment characteristics and work with the management team to collectively determine the Company’s investor relations and capital markets objectives, and corresponding program. As our client companies develop and evolve, we adapt and refine their programs accordingly.
Communication is a vital component of investors’ and analysts’ decision-making processes. Strong financial results are often not enough. Articulating strategy, key metrics and goals, and engaging in a clear, consistent, meaningful dialogue with investors and analysts allows them to develop a richer impression of management, their integrity, vision, and leadership. It is also critical to reassess a company's investment thesis and messaging on a regular basis, and hone communications as appropriate.
- Investment Thesis & Messaging. The Equity Group develops each client’s investment thesis, key messages and investor communications materials to effectively communicate their story to targeted audiences.
- Investor Presentation Development. We create highly professional investor presentations, with design, content and flow geared toward bringing forth each client’s key themes and messages.
- Earnings Communications. We drive and manage our clients’ earnings processes, including drafting and editing the earnings releases, scripts and decks for the conference calls, preparing for Q&A, and managing the calls.
- IR Website Audit & Development. Based on each client’s need, we will assess a current IR website as compared to best practices, and/or help develop a new one.
- Investor Information Exchange. We serve as a trusted, knowledgeable source of information about our client companies for investors and analysts.
- Investor Communications Advisory. We advise our clients on disclosure, communicating outlook and financial guidance, and all other aspects of investor communications.
Investor & Analyst Outreach
Whether a company is just beginning to tell its story, or entering a new corporate life stage and pursuing its next opportunity set in the investment community, we tailor all outreach to suit each client’s unique situation. We cultivate potential investors and sell-side research coverage for clients, leveraging our broad base of contacts, ongoing market intelligence on new contacts, and more than four decades of success matching clients with the most suitable buy and sell-side professionals. At the same time, we work to strengthen relationships with clients’ existing investors and covering analysts. While a company’s performance certainly is the most important component of any IR program, with approximately 13,000 publicly traded companies in the US and many others traded outside the US, it is also imperative to establish, and continually refresh an audience of appropriate investors and analysts that will enable constructive dialogue, proper interpretation and fair valuation of the company.
- Investor/Analyst Targeting & Direct Outreach. We market our clients to the most relevant investors and analysts for each company.
- Non-Deal Roadshows.We arrange in-person meetings and calls with appropriate investment professionals throughout the world, always mindful of making the most productive use of management’s time. Our client base has approximately 2,000 investment community interactions annually.
- Investment Conference Access, Prep & Coordination. We secure participation in appropriate Investor Conferences leveraging our investment banking and analyst relationships. We prepare clients for conference participation, including creating compelling presentations and providing meeting intelligence. We also manage the associated logistics.
- Presentation and Q&A Coaching. We assess each management team's presenting experience and style, and coach them in order to help them tell their company's story most effectively. Additionally, we discuss potential questions and advise on responses.
- Investor Day Organization. We organize and implement well-attended, effective Investor Days at various locations throughout the world, and follow up with attendees to obtain feedback.
- Relationship-Building in Investment Community. We maintain ongoing contact with analysts and investors and serve as a trusted source of information.
- Investor/Analyst Relations Advisory. Having worked with many companies and their investment community audiences over the past 40+ years, we leverage that experience to counsel our clients on interactions and relations with their stakeholders.
In conjunction with various forms of investor communications, it is also imperative for companies to have consist messaging across other forms of corporate communications. We work closely with our clients to develop and implement effective, consistent communications to all key audiences and stakeholders, encompassing overall corporate positioning, and reporting on a wide range of corporate developments, situations and transactions.
- Corporate Positioning & Communications. We help our clients assess where they sit in their industry, and develop and implement comprehensive, strategic communications programs.
- Website Development Management. We manage the development of new websites for our clients, making sure the process moves along smoothly and efficiently.
- Management Transition Communications. We have worked with clients during numerous transitions in management teams, planning and implementing a broad range of strategic communications taking all stakeholders into account.
- Restructuring/Turnaround Communications. When a company undergoes a restructuring, we develop and implement a comprehensive communications program that addresses all audiences, conveys milestones and expectations, maintains management’s credibility, and fosters confidence in the company’s vision.
- M&A Communications. Over the years, a large number of our clients have completed M&A transactions of varying sizes in a range of sectors with diverse underlying strategies. We have developed and implemented the associated communication plans, mindful of investors’ points of interest.
- Corporate Communications Advisory. We advise our clients on a wide range of corporate communications, always mindful of investment community perspectives.
Market Intel, Analysis & Reporting
Management teams must stay abreast of their company’s position in the public marketplace, as well as third party views of their company. At the same time, information overload is not productive. We provide the most appropriate market intelligence, tailoring content and format for each client.
- Customized Peer Monitoring & Analysis
- Shareholder/Peer-holder Analysis
- Pre-meeting Intelligence
- Post-meeting Feedback
- Institutional Holder Reporting
- Board Meeting Preparation & Reporting
IPO/Transaction Communications & Advisory
We support companies throughout the IPO process, including strategic advisory, investment positioning, roadshow preparation, post-IPO planning, and broad-spectrum support in the transition to a public company. Learn more about our Pre- and Post-IPO Investor Relations.
Additionally we have worked with 18 Special Purpose Acquisition Corporations (“SPACs”) that have successfully completed mergers with operating companies. For SPACs we develop and distribute all associated communications, arrange roadshow meetings, provide counsel on all areas related to the SPAC process and in the transition to a public company, and provide ongoing investor relations services post-merger.
- Investment Banking Introductions
- Investment Positioning
- Roadshow Presentation Development
- Roadshow Q&A Preparation
- IR Website
- Comprehensive Post-Transaction Planning & Disclosure Training
- Broad-spectrum Advisory on Transaction & Support in Transition to Public Status
Crises & Shareholder Activism
- Crisis Communications & Advisory. Not every unexpected event has to be a crisis. We work with our clients to fully understand the situation, provide an objective point of view, and prepare a clear communications plan geared towards keeping stakeholders fully informed and maintaining management’s credibility. This can include situations such as earnings surprises, management changes, natural disasters, major customer issues and bankruptcies, among many others.
- Shareholder Activism Counsel & Communications. We counsel companies on activist perspectives and tactics, help identify where they may be vulnerable to shareholder activism, and provide counsel and communications support during activist campaigns. Learn more about our Shareholder Activism Counsel & Communications.
For many of our clients, we expand investor and analyst awareness through proactive media relations. We take a conservative approach to the media, mindful that not all press is good press.
- Strategic Earned Media. We secure interviews, feature stories, and inclusion in industry pieces in print and digital media. While our primary focus is on business publications, we also gain traction for our clients by securing placements in respected regional and trade media outlets.
- Expert Positioning. Positioning our clients as experts in their field is one avenue we pursue for media coverage.
- Media Training. We prepare management for interviews based on a variety of factors.
- Media Events. We arrange for media attendance at various types of company events.
We develop and implement social media programs for our clients to generate overall awareness and exposure amongst existing and potential investors, clients, business partners and media.
- Program Development. We work with clients to develop and manage social media programs on various platforms, with eyes toward both investor and corporate audiences.
- Policies & Procedures. We establish firm procedures for each client, and ensure that information posted via social media is in line with disclosure regulations (for public companies) as well as company policies.
- Monitoring & Analytics. We monitor each channel, respond/engage as appropriate and assess/adjust strategy periodically.
- Perception Studies. The Equity Group conducts perception studies on behalf of ongoing clients, or on a project basis. Each Perception Study is a thorough, yet tailored, objective assessment of investor and analyst sentiment. Learn more about our Perception Studies.
- Investor Days/Tours. We organize and implement well-attended, effective Investor Days at client facilities throughout the world, and follow up with attendees to obtain feedback.