Our History & Approach
- The Equity Group is an investor relations firm founded in 1974. Our firm helped launch the practice of investor relations and financial communications, and is rooted in long-term client relationships, many of which span 10-20 years. We partner with our clients to help them tell their investment stories effectively and get them heard by the right audiences through strategic communications and direct investment community outreach and engagement, supported by C-suite advisory and market intelligence.
- We are engaged by companies looking for a practical, professional solution to the immense, multi-layered investor relations function.
- Our client profile includes companies ranging from $20 million to $3 billion in market cap, in an array of industries and geographies with varying investment profiles, from growth, to value, to turnaround or other change underway.
- For most clients, we serve as an outsourced investor relations department – a virtual “office down the hall.” For companies with an IRO or similar internal capabilities, we provide an array of support services.
- We measure our client relationships in years, not months, and view each engagement as a long-term partnership opportunity.
- What distinguishes The Equity Group is our long client relationships, indicative of the high level of services and results, as well as our long team tenure, which enables continuity for our clients and is a reflection of our collaborative work environment and rewarding client relationships.
- Above all, clients value The Equity Group’s level of commitment, responsiveness, understanding of their business, and ability to translate that into effective communications and fruitful introductions in the investment community.
Our Guiding Principles
At the root of our long client relationships are these guiding principles:
- We will perform our due diligence on every potential client, and assess the opportunities and challenges specific to that company.
- We will commit a senior executive (at least 10 years of experience) to every client.
- We will not overpromise what we can deliver. We will work together to customize an approach that best addresses each company's specific profile and goals, and revise our strategy as necessary.
- We will not steer clients towards programs or events unless they advance our shared goals.
- We will disagree with clients on occasion, and offer alternative approaches that we believe are in the Company’s long-term best interests.