WHY IR FOR SPACS?
- Effective transaction communications are vital to the successful completion of a business combination.
- Strategic long-term messaging is needed to set appropriate post-business combination expectations and enable public company credibility-building.
- Relevant investor introductions support the de-SPACing process and can generate post-business combination interest.
- Sell-side analyst introductions and relationship-building cultivate research coverage.
- Smooth transition into a credible, public-facing company facilitated by establishing the Company’s IR infrastructure and a strategic post-business combination investor communications and outreach plan.
THE EQUITY GROUP ADDS VALUE THROUGHOUT THE SPAC PROCESS & POST-COMBINATION
We have handled SPAC investor relations for more than 20 clients as they successfully completed business combinations. Like our overall client base, these companies have spanned a range of sizes, industries, growth profiles and geographies.
Our primary areas of focus for SPAC investor relations are developing effective transaction communications, which are vital to the successful completion of a business combination, making investor introductions to support the de-SPACing process and generate post-business combination interest, and sell-side analyst introductions to cultivate research coverage. We also leverage our extensive experience to advise on the overall SPAC process, and the transition into a public operating company. And then we “hit the ground running” in terms of IR immediately following the business combination.
SAMPLE SPAC INVESTOR RELATIONS EXPERIENCE
SPAC INVESTOR RELATIONS SERVICES
Comprehensive Transaction Positioning & Communications to effectively communicate the merits of the transaction, and the long-term prospects of the target company.
- Conduct in-depth research and valuation analysis; develop/refine transaction thesis if needed.
- Draft materials to announce and market the transaction effectively, and manage the editorial process – deal announcement, deal deck, script for conference call, Q&A prep for calls and meetings, IR website, media messaging, internal messaging.
- Disseminate public communications over wires and to email list.
Proactive Investment Community & Media Outreach to maximize awareness of the transaction amongst the most relevant audiences.
- Work in conjunction with the bankers to arrange meetings (virtual/in-person) with existing SPAC investors, potential investors, and sell-side analysts that cover the sector.
- Secure participation in investment conferences
- Media outreach and relations
- Organize bell-ringing ceremony at stock exchange to take place after the completion of the business combination
- Handle logistics for meetings and conferences
Trusted Advisory & Strategic Planning to support a successful transaction and transition into a public company.
- Provide counsel on the SPAC process, and overall advisory in support of a successful transaction.
- Advise on preparing for public company life.
- Advise on interacting with ISS and Glass Lewis regarding vote recommendation.
- Develop a strategic post-business combination Investor Relations Plan encompassing various investor communications and investor/analyst engagement opportunities; implement the IR Plan immediately upon the business combination close.
Comprehensive, Strategic Public Company IR
Over-arching objectives include facilitating a smooth transition into a public operating company; clearly communicating the Company’s story; expanding its audience in the investment community; facilitating effective two-way communication between the Company and this audience; and building awareness and confidence in the Company's ability to create measurable value.
Visit our Services page for more insight into our comprehensive public company investor relations service portfolio.